DFA opens another consular office in Pampanga
Monday 4th of June 2012 CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga, June 4 (PIA) -- The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) recently opened its new consular office in this province with a 995-square-meter area located at Robinsons Starmills, this city.
DFA Undersecretary for Administration Rafael Seguis, who graced the event, said that, “what we envision with the relocation of our consular offices to shopping malls is a DFA that would be able to provide fast and efficient services to our people in settings that offer them both comfort and convenience.”
“What we have here in Robinsons Starmills is a first-class facility that offers first-class services to our compatriots, especially the overseas workers, not only from Pampanga and the other provinces of the region but Metro Manila and other parts of Northern Luzon as well,” he added.
The said office has three areas, which are the processing, encoding, and releasing sections and these are open through Mondays to Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
DFA Pampanga Robinsons Starmills is the second office that the DFA opened in shopping malls, the first one was DFA Cebu at the Pacific Mall in Mandaue City, which was opened February. (CLJD/JGB with reports from Abigael Calinao-PIA3)
Please note that if you place multiple appointments, your previous appointments will be automatically canceled.
Paalala: Kung nakakuha ka na ng appointment schedule at nais mong kumuha muli, ang lumang appointment ay makakansela at mapapalitan ng bago mong kukunin.
- Personal appearance is required for all applicants.
- Confirmed appointment is required for all applicants except senior citizens, infants and minors below 1 year old, person with disability and OFWs. For OFWs, sufficient proof must be submitted such as a valid employment contract or OEC.
- Earrings and contact lenses are not allowed during data capturing. Smiling with visible teeth is also not allowed.
- Check all the data in the computer monitor and in the Enrolment Certificate before signing it.
- Only immediate family members are allowed to get the passport in behalf of the applicant. Immediate family members include father, mother, brother, sister, spouse and children of legal age.
- Passport shall be released to an immediate family member only with proper authorization letter. Passport of a minor applicant shall be released to parents only or to an authorized representative with Special Power of Attorney and Affidavit of Support and Consent.
- Passports unclaimed after six (6) months will be cancelled per Department Order No. 37-03.
- Check all data in the received e-passport upon release.
- Number of processing days may vary depending on the location of the Regional Consular Office where the application was filed.
- The Department may require additional supporting documents as may be necessary, especially for applicants with dual citizenship and with foreignsounding family names to prove citizenship.